The Island

A group of amnesiac explorers must survive on a strange island where the sun and moon never rise.

Re: The Island

Postby ArcaneMusic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 am

Lucian Valentini (AKA Human 5 on 3,1) is going to Move NE, NE, and NE, and then Gather fish from that spot.
Additionally, he's going to Eat his food reserves this round.
Bygone Hero of Bygone Legend
Spoiler: show
Image
Team Alehammer Twitchy
Stats: Glory 3 Hp 10/10 Atk 1+4 Def 3+3+2
Worn Items: Maul, Scale Armour, Advanced Helmet Carried Items: Crossbow, Crossbow
User avatar
ArcaneMusic
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: East coast USA

Re: The Island

Postby Jokim » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:08 am

Halfling 2 has been confused and lost. Stranded, in the middle of nowhere, among "new strangers" or "old acquaintances"... he wasn't sure how to refer to them anymore... It didn't seem to bother anyone else though. They just went and... did things, like they knew what had to be done already. But he didn't... He wasn't sure what was the correct course of action to take... How to best use his... did he have any talents ? any skills at all ? everything just seemed so... unfamiliar.

No one told him what to do either. It would have been much easier if someone just came to him and told him "Hey, come with me, I might need help", "Come on, snap out of it, we need to get some food for everyone" Or even "You there, move north". Anything to shake him out of his inaction... Wait, was that what he was good at ? Following orders ?

Just as that thought came to his mind, he crosses this elf's gaze... a gaze that instill respect. No. That DEMANDS respect. He sees him sigh intently loud, as if he was disappointed in something, and watches as he starts walking northwest... and starts ordering others left and right! Those few words he spoke, and with such directive and assurance...

That's it, that was a sign, it had to be! He was going to offer his service to this elf.

Halfling 2 rushed over to the elf and said, "Sir! I believe my calling is to serve those in power. You may call me... Butler James, unless another name strikes your fancy. I am at your service!"

Seeing as how he just told Zeiss to clear the ground, he joins in the effort.

----

Halfing 2 / Butler James
Position: 1,1
Movement: Follow Prince Marv (NW NW NW)
Action: Gather
Maintenance: Eat, pick up loose items
Last edited by Jokim on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jokim
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Zeiss » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:12 am

After waving goodbye to Dash, Zeiss starts to look around for resources when he is suddenly interrupted by the one he'll nickname "Marvy". Taken aback by the sudden command, Zeiss blinks multiple times, scratches the back of his head... and then continues to gather resources as if nothing happened.
Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Zeiss
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Leviathan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 am

From his position of hundreds if not thousands of yards away Atlas can hear what must be someone strangling a bird to death while also yodeling, he has no idea what yodeling is but he knows that that is the only word that could express the discomfort the sound causes,also judging by the frequency he can tell it is one of those pointy eared folks (don't ask me how he knows this not even he knows how he knows) and that he is pointlessly mad, he can also tell this Great Pointy Fellow is an authority figure (he still doesn't know how he knows these things) and since he is bad with authority figures (or at least he thinks so from the blankness of his memories) he does not believe he will get along with this Great Pointy Fellow. [Starting trouble before you've even met the guy you really are crazy Atlas]
Potatoes shall Inherit the Earth.
Leviathan
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Re: The Island

Postby ofir2020 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:55 am

King "lord" Baron immediately recognizes the market value of new materials and rush to the cave where the stones could be found. In his rush he miss the cave completely only realizing it later and returning to collect the stones.
Movement: west, west, east (I know I could have just gone west once but was kinda trying to also scout ahead on the island)
Action: collect stones from the cave
ofir2020
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:41 am

Re: The Island

Postby Mortimer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 am

Bob will make use of the tree he found to gather more..! But not before moving NW to check out what's there, then move back. He'll also eat this turn.
Mortimer
 
Posts: 4135
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: The Island

Postby DerpHaven » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Satisfied that he's not gonna figure out anything useful at this point (though he feels he should), Castor remembers that moistened bint from earlier mentioned something about a spear (and he thinks maybe if he makes a spear he'll remember something about cartography [and also it's probably dangerous to go alone]), so he Explores the Black Plain to find some wood for a shaft.

Movement: NE, NW, NE (but if he sees a tree, he'll stop and move to it if possible)
Action: Gather (wood if possible)
Maintenance: Eat, Pick Up Loose Items
DerpHaven
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Re: The Island

Postby VanKhron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Jokim wrote:Halfling 2 rushed over to the elf and said, "Sir! I believe my calling is to serve those in power. You may call me... Butler James, unless another name strikes your fancy. I am at your service!"

Seeing as how he just told Zeiss to clear the ground, he joins in the effort.

Prince Marv appraises the subservient halfling with an almost giddy smile, before regaining his composure. "Ah, excellent, a Butler! Very good, Mr. James, I have the perfect task for you. Once you're done cleaning up around here I want you to find materials fit to make cloth. Some sort of fibers and dyes perhaps."
"These tattered rags just wont do, you see," he says, gesturing down at his outfit. "If I hadn't a shred of modesty, I would have discarded them already. I will require clothing appropriate to my station! Of course, as my Butler, you will require appropriate clothing as well!"

Turning back to the west, Prince Marv shouts further orders to the dwarf, Tooyan Tadai. "Fishmonger! I will require additional fish. Make sure Butler James here is well fed."
User avatar
VanKhron
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Maidiance » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Spoiler: show
BELTENI previous status:
Position: 9,14
Health: 5/5
Items: Food, Food
Conditions: Hungry


Belteni (Halfling #10) considers how a spear might be made, and decides to try to get some rocks. After some food, of course.

Movement: SW SW SW (6,11)
Maintenance: Eat, Gather loose items.
Action: Gather resources.
User avatar
Maidiance
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Lancival » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Urist McCoy walks three tiles to the NW, hoping to eventually follow the river north. After pausing to eat a light meal, he gathers resources from the tile where he ends his movement. He also picks up any loose items.
Last edited by Lancival on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lancival
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:27 pm

Re: The Island

Postby LoneStarNorth » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 am

The following characters are still available this turn as of now:

Humans
N

Halflings
VAYRA
DAVID
HALFLING 4
HALFLING 7
ULYSSES
ESMERALDA

Dwarves
GRABBIE
TOOYUN TADAI
DWARF 6
SHARKBAIT

Elves
CYGNUS
AELYSIUS
GREGOIRE DE MONTESQUIEU
Image goin' on a quest
User avatar
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: The Island

Postby OryxKnight » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:21 pm

SharkBait moves W twice, picking up loose items on the way. He does not eat.
Upon reaching his destination, he attempts to determine if there is any imminent danger. If there is not, he gathers supplies.
If there is a danger, he will flee SE.
OryxKnight
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Moonsaber » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:20 am

In the event that their is still chars needed to be botted/controlled i suggest having this be in place action for those who have not been controlled yet when monday rolls around.
>Gaze upon the stars. :V
This seems to be the least harmless action for controlling someones char. Simply letting them stay where they are in addition to looking at the stars. And not moving or interacting with anything seems to be the least harmless action while maybe getting something in return.
....(also gotta advance Jazens ambition of the staaarssss)
Moonsaber
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:54 am

Re: The Island

Postby DragonOfAtlantis » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:36 am

Tooyun Tadai would mutter under his breath complaining about the annoying Elf before staying by the river to fish more food. If no one else is going to gather food for the group, may as well contribute by doing so.

Action: Gather more fish
Maintenance: Eat food
DragonOfAtlantis
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:59 am

Re: The Island

Postby KingMarth » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:41 pm

While the fresh grasslands were a boon, they were neither the source of mana nor the prime stargazing vantage point Cygnus had been seeking. Rations exhausted, the elf eased off in their exploration for the moment, seeking the bounty of the newly-discovered river. Still, perhaps the route taken could distinguish between the verdant (and occupied) fields they had stumbled upon and the charred expanse further west...

Movement: W,W,W to river hex (5,5).
Action: Gather resources (especially food)
Maintenance: Do not eat. Pick up any loose items.

@LoneStarNorth Question: Khraine is listed as having "Food, Good" under Status. I'm assuming that's two units of food, but since "Wood" is also one letter off and seems important for crafting, could that be clarified?
Last edited by KingMarth on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingMarth
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:10 am

Re: The Island

Postby Rodgeir » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Grabbie sees the cave and it just feels...right to go into it. Like being under the ground just a bit will calm him and help him orient himself.

He will ignore everyone around him, he is so focused.

Move: NW, NW, SE
Action: gather stone.
GRABBIE
Glory-2 Hp-5/10 Atk-6 Def-2
Image
User avatar
Rodgeir
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: The Island

Postby LoneStarNorth » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:32 pm

The following characters are still available this turn as of now:

Humans
N

Halflings
VAYRA
DAVID
HALFLING 4
HALFLING 7
ULYSSES
ESMERALDA

Dwarves
DWARF 6


Elves
AELYSIUS
GREGOIRE DE MONTESQUIEU
Image goin' on a quest
User avatar
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: The Island

Postby evictedSaint » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:06 am

Dwarf 6, after spending some time contemplating their situation, decides that if they're going to build a new boat, then they will need a dock. And, if they need a dock, they'll need a work bench. And, if they need a work bench, they need a hut to work out of.

With his plan of action decided upon, Dwarf 6 stands up and travels NE, NE, NW and begins scavenging for wood. He eats a ration of food to free up more inventory space and collects as much wood as he can . He has also decided to name himself Tentoes , since he has ten toes.

(There was someone attempting to give Dwarf #6 orders to make a spear; I am assuming that did not happen, right?)
evictedSaint
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:01 am

Re: The Island

Postby GathersIngredients » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 am

Spoiler: show
HALFLING 7
Position: 9,3
Health: 5/5
Items: Food
Conditions: Hungry


Halfling 7 snaps out of it, as with her stomach grumbling berries are much more interesting than distant stars and decides that her name is Mintina. She moves E, NW, SW (so she ends up on the same hex again), and tries to gather (probably berries). She also eats her food.
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
User avatar
GathersIngredients
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:20 am

Re: The Island

Postby CraftedNightmare » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:20 pm

david moves NE, NE, NW and starts gathering materials again.
User avatar
CraftedNightmare
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:42 am

Re: The Island

Postby Znayx » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Halfling #8, Ulysses

Ulysses is surprised at Banbek's call, and turns to the supposed point of interest. He is strongly curious, and decides to Move NW, W and then to investigate what Banbek seems to have noticed (the source of mana). He would not miss this opportunity, he is certain. He wields a Pointy Stick he found as he does so. Ulysses considers that even if this lead isn't as exciting as it seems, he can do some crude spear fishing afterwards (not necessarily sure if "investigating" uses a full action, and if it does, Ulysses only investigates, not fishing).
Znayx
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 am

Re: The Island

Postby Hammock » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:26 am

Halfling 4.

Emboldened by the fact that nothing bad happened Halfling 4 decides to continue moving in the same direction.

Movement: NW, NW, NW
Action: Gather resources
Maintenance: Pick loose items (if any). Do not eat.
Hammock
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 am

Re: The Island

Postby Tigri » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:40 am

Grégoire de Montesqieu move NW, NE, NW and gather food
Tigri
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:23 am

Re: The Island

Postby Shannara » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:34 am

N will stay gathering resources where she is this turn to see if there are any resources she missed. She will also add an A to her name, making her current name Na. Seeing that her fellow survivors have had no trouble finding several food sources, she decides it should be safe to eat her food.

Movement: None
Action: Gather resources
Maintenance: She will eat her food.
Last edited by Shannara on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shannara
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Leviathan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 am

((((N, is across the map from the snooty prince))))
Potatoes shall Inherit the Earth.
Leviathan
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

PreviousNext

Return to Isle of Starlight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest