The Island

A group of amnesiac explorers must survive on a strange island where the sun and moon never rise.

Re: The Island

Postby VanKhron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Spoiler: show
A pang of hunger jolts Halfling 7 from the revery that had taken hold of them. Searching their person, Halfling 7 finds a morsel of food among the folds of their tattered rags. With a shrug, they eat it and continues walking north, towards the light. As Halfling 7 finishes the meager meal they begins actually noticing the grassy surroundings and begin to actually assess the situation. Realizing that food will be an issue again soon enough, Halfling 7 doubles back towards the fruit trees they had walked past and tries to collect some additional food, and maybe a nice walking stick.
Note: If there are fruit trees or some other prominent food source in 11, 5, then Halfling 7 will just stop and gather there instead of doubling back.

Movement: NE, NE, and maybe SW (see note)
Action: Gather
Maintenance: Picks up loose items on the ground if there are any (fallen fruit? sticks?), also eats


Character turn redacted, preserved just in case.
Last edited by VanKhron on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
User avatar
VanKhron
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: The Island

Postby KnuckleKraken » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:39 pm

Nivek moves NE, NE, NE and gathers resources. He also picks up any loose items he sees.
Image
User avatar
KnuckleKraken
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:56 am

Re: The Island

Postby Jokim » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 pm

((Can we choose to make our action before our movement ? If someone wants to stock up on food where it's abundant before moving out ? In the rules it says Movement is Step 2 and action is Step 3, are they immuably so ?))
Jokim
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Ziprath » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:07 pm

ELF 9 AKA Dryda moves NE and gathers anything she can find.
Groff of Clan Darkbeard
User avatar
Ziprath
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Re: The Island

Postby aglahir » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Khrain decides that now that the food side of survival is dealt with, next up would be finding wood for fire, shelter and potentially for weapons, as the mermaid had said. And as all know, not many trees grow on the beach. So he decides to go inland a bit and heads towards a fruit tree that he sees and attempts to gather fruit and wood without damaging the tree. He also starts to feel hungry and tucks into some of his rations.

Movement: NW, W, W
Action: Gather
Maintenance: Eat, Collect loose items off the ground
aglahir
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am

Re: The Island

Postby PocoWarrior » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Hephaestus is worried about the acidic black smears, but knows he must press on to secure food and supplies to craft with. After making sure his hand is okay, he calls to anyone near and warns them to be careful of the black smears. As he goes on, Hephaestus will take some of his food and eat, and then begin searching for anything usable.

Move: NE, NW, NE (ending in 9,6 if my counting is right)
Action: Gather
Maintenance: Eat food, Gather loose items from the ground

Spoiler: show
(Thank you for correcting my movement! I don't want to explore the sea yet)
Last edited by PocoWarrior on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Still learning!
Isle of Starlight - Hephaestus
PocoWarrior
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: The Island

Postby Shadowizard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Apparently unable to find anything to craft with, Urist McZealot hears the sound on rushing water and wanders to the west [Movement: West, West]. On finding the river he decides to gather as much food as he can [Action: Gather food]. (You appear to have overlooked his food and hunger). He then eats the food he gathers [Maintenance: Eat].
Isle of Starlight: Urist McZealot, Cleric of Armok
Shadowizard
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Re: The Island

Postby JulianArriah » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Syril hears Banbeck call for attention and moves E to him. Feeling the sensation himself (being an elf I assume he would). He moves NE E, and searches for the source.

Movement: E, NE, E
Action: Inspect Mana Source
Maintenance: Eat, Collect loose items off the ground.
Syril - Isle of Starlight
JulianArriah
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: The Island

Postby LoneStarNorth » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Jokim wrote:((Can we choose to make our action before our movement ? If someone wants to stock up on food where it's abundant before moving out ? In the rules it says Movement is Step 2 and action is Step 3, are they immuably so ?))

Movement must take place before an action. This is largely in place to balance out combat.

Shadowizard wrote:(You appear to have overlooked his food and hunger)

Urist McZealot didn't say anything about eating or not, so by default he ate the 1 piece of food that he (and everyone else) started with.
Image goin' on a quest
User avatar
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: The Island

Postby ebonydragonfire » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Worried about strange noises coming from the ocean, Dewdrop decides to head inland quickly. After all, other have done so already, and there has been a notable absence of any horrible screams as they were torn apart by wildlife. So it's probably safe for now. After walking for a while, Dewdrop feels hungry, so she stops to eat. While doing so, she idly looks around for anything useful.

Movement: NE, NE, NE
Action: Gather
Maintenance: Eat
ebonydragonfire
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Leviathan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Atlas, still shirtless and cold, stops for a short rest a moment and notices another human exploring in the same direction, slightly frightened because he hasn't been able to come across anything in the surrounding underbrush to hide his scars (you think he would try rubbing mud on his arms, maybe he doesn't want to look even more crazy than he already does as he holds his arms and hobbles along), Atlas manages to collect himself long enough to notice (the blue mage staff looking things on the map are fruit trees right) what appear to be fruit trees in the distance which is then followed by a far off howl, startled for a moment he steels himself and decides to brave the danger because the other person is getting closer, so he could hide among the trees and maybe find some more food because waterlogged rations can only be stomached for so long before even the air starts tasting like fish and that mud starts looking mighty tasty (and now he's sounding a bit crazy again).
Movement: W, NW
Action: Gathers, wood (hopefully) and food (Atlas is now mad because those words should rhyme).
Maintenance: Eats while staring longingly at that mud.
Potatoes shall Inherit the Earth.
Leviathan
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Re: The Island

Postby Moonsaber » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Jazen determined to see the path of the stars, hears the others shouting of the discovery of the cave. Taking the time to try to remember the position of the stars he moves towards the cave for now. Determined on his little mission to notice much else.
>Move: (towards the cave) NE, NW, NE
>Action: Continue gazing at the stars, grabbing somewhat flat sheet of stone and a hard stone to inscribe his findings later with the shouts of his fellow friends far away. He inscribes the position and a sketch of them. Links below
https://s9.postimg.org/52c95hmz3/Stars.png https://s10.postimg.org/71h4pzzix/obosislandmapcatstars.png
>Maintenance: Gather some food from the nearby plains then go back to my work.
Last edited by Moonsaber on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonsaber
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:54 am

Re: The Island

Postby Kolson » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 pm

Feeling hungry, Smackdoodle decides to leave the shore and begins walking inland towards this river everyone is talking about. Along the way he meets Zeiss, and, after a quick meal in which they bond over their future plans to build some shelter, the two decide to travel together and look for a good place for a camp somewhere along the river.

Character: Dwarf 1/Smackdoodle
Movement: NW, NW, NW to tile 4,4
Action: Gather Resources
Maintenance: Eat, Collect loose items off the ground.
User avatar
Kolson
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:35 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Zeiss » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 pm

Zeiss meets up with Smackdoodle and they discuss their immediate goals. A little worried about the howling, Zeiss nevertheless believes that going a little further inland is the only thing they can do for now. He's relieved to hear Smackdoodle share the same opinion.

Onward they go!

Character: Elf 1/Zeiss
Position: 2,2
Movement: NW, NW, to tile 4,4
Action: Gather Resources
Maintenance: Eat, Collect loose items off the ground.
Last edited by Zeiss on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Zeiss
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Re: The Island

Postby VanKhron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Spoiler: show
I am unclear on whether we can control more than one character per turn. Since two characters have gone unused, I will help one of them not-die for now.


Elf 4 (Prince Marv)

Elf 4 was getting rather frustrated with these useless peasants scurrying about. Not a single one has attended to his needs yet, and he was getting sand in his clothes! This was no way to treat a High Prince. At least, he's pretty sure he's a High Prince; he's a distinctly amazing elf, what else could he be? He had already decided, while waiting for someone to tend to him, if he couldn't remember his name than he would be High Prince...Marvelous. Yes, High Prince Marvelous sounded right.

Prince Marv gives a long and arduous sigh as decides he'd better get up and take charge of the situation. Clearly this lot of peons is lacking proper leadership and motivation, as well as an education as how to treat their betters. Climbing to his feet, Prince Marv examines the people surrounding him. He decides that the group on the beach around him must be the most lazy and useless, hardly fitting servants, and decides to pursue the group to the north west, they seem to have some inkling of what they're doing.

Movement: NW, NW, NW

Upon reaching 4,4 Prince Marv looks around and gives a nod of satisfaction. "Here, we will build a shining new future in this very spot!"
Turning to the nearby elf and halfling (Ustavan the Explorinator and David) he continues, "You two! To the mine with you, secure that location and start hauling back stone."
Turning to the west Prince Marv then shouts out to Tooyan Tadai, "You there, Fishmonger! Prepare fish for me and the miners. You may also partake of some yourself, of course."
Finally he turns to the recently arrived Zeiss, "Ah, clearing the ground for the foundation, very good, continue as you are. When you're done, I would like you to go out and procure some wood for us."

Action: LEADERSHIP
Maintenance: High

(( I've decided to go with elf 4 this turn, since he's more interesting at the moment, and interacting with other players. ))
Last edited by VanKhron on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
VanKhron
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Tygerion » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 am

Settling back down to reality, Dinari (who is male, BTW) Realises two things; 1. That he is hungryy (With two y's, for emphasis or something?), which he remedies by eating, and 2. that everyone seems to be leaving. Concerned, he hurriedly travels westwards, trying to collect some food as he travels.

Movement: W, W, W
Action: Look for food
Maintenance: eat like his life depended on it- which it does.
Last edited by Tygerion on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tygerion
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: The Island

Postby LoneStarNorth » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 am

VanKhron wrote:I am unclear on whether we can control more than one character per turn. Since two characters have gone unused, I will help one of them not-die for now.

You can only control a second character on any given turn if I pop in and declare a double turn. I'll do this if there's no a lot of players posting, but it looks like that won't be a factor in the immediate future.

What you CAN do is control a different character each turn. If you want.
Image goin' on a quest
User avatar
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: The Island

Postby dxm2000 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 am

Alky (Elf 10) heads west, nodding respectfully to Nivek, as they cross paths, before noting in a panic, the abundance of food Nivek carries, and the poor nothing Alky has himself. Alky makes a beeline further west, on a desperate hunt.

Movement W,W,W
Action: Movement W,W,W
Maintenance: Chew him fingernails? (Aka Panic and Staaarve :Ascared: )
"You're an idiot dxm, don't do that." - LSN 2016
There's a new WSWfG discord! Feel free to drop in, and help us bring it to the previous one's level, and beyond!: https://discord.gg/ZgD2nWq
User avatar
dxm2000
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:26 am

Re: The Island

Postby Black Flamingo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 am

Elf 3 shrugs. While it seemed odd to them a halfling and an elf would be the ideal miners, that shouty fellow seemed to know what he was doing. Ustvan the Minenator sets off to procure materials.

Movement: NE
Action: Gather materials
Maintenance: Pick up everything they can carry, Eat.
User avatar
Black Flamingo
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 am

Re: The Island

Postby Leviathan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 am

@VanKhron (it would have been more on the nose if you chose one of the Halflings to play this out considering it would be the opposite of how they are usually portrayed in Fantasy)
Potatoes shall Inherit the Earth.
Leviathan
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Re: The Island

Postby VanKhron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 am

@ Leviathan (( Subversions of tropes are overdone. Also, I don't really like elves, so it amuses me to play one like this. ))
User avatar
VanKhron
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Banbeck » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:28 am

Elf # 7 Banbeck

Excited at the alluring sense of mana nearby, Banbeck heads in that direction. In his excitement he doesn't even wait to see if his current companions are coming too. He heads along the shore to the NW and then West, picking up any items he sees. He believes the mana to be coming from that spot two spaces away, but will try to move one more space in the direction of the source if he misjudged. If he finds the source he intends to study it, picking it up if it is an object. He will welcome others to examine this mystery as well, especially fellow elves.
Banbeck
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Re: The Island

Postby Derringer Jones » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:41 am

Shifty Mcginty is going to go W.
He is going to scour the shore in the hopes of finding any wood (or whatever else is interesting) that might have washed up.
Derringer Jones
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 am

Re: The Island

Postby Theis2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 am

Cade heads west, ignoring the pain from his hunger and arms himself with rocks from the cave.

Movement: W
Action: Gathering/exploring cave.
Minor: Not eating, picking up loose objects.
Theis2
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: The Island

Postby complaINTPerson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:39 am

After what felt like an eternity of walking, Dash was beginning to realize just how long of a trip he was going to have to make to get to that peak. With teamwork and the proper preparation, however, success is certainly within reach. Just after gathering some food for later, Dash notices a commotion to the West and goes over to see what all the excitement is about. Once there, he introduces himself to Zeiss and Smackdoodle ("The name's Asterisk. Dash Asterisk."), and converses with them briefly about their plans to build a settlement on the river. Thinking on it, Dash agrees that having a base of operations will likely be beneficial, and that the river they speak of sounds like a pretty good place to put it. Not only would this provide a stable source of food, but it would provide a place to rest, heal, and retreat to if danger should appear.

Just as Dash says his goodbyes to the elf and the dwarf, another elf appears, and begins shouting directions. He's a little hard to keep up with, and it's kinda strange to be taking instructions from a stranger, but Dash distinctly hears the elf say to gather stone. Not quite sure if the elf was talking to him or not, Dash makes his way over to the mine regardless. With food out of the way, the next part of survival is surely a weapon, and you can do a lot of damage with a well thrown stone. With a weapon in hand, traversing the plains should be a piece of cake. Excited to continue his adventure, Dash pushes past his growling stomach, descends into the mine, and gets to work.

Character: Dash Asterisk (Halfling 6)
Movement: W, NE
Action: Gather (Small) Stones
Maintenance: Does not eat.
complaINTPerson
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to Isle of Starlight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tigri and 1 guest