Reactions and Update Discussion

Talk about the comic.

Re: Reactions and Update Discussion

Postby Mellhurst » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Tiltowait wrote:Huh, Ardon can use his toothy teeth not just when he's angry.

I've thought for a while now that Ardon has been needing to ditch Ell and the rest. It's just kind of silly he's in a party with Good characters. 45 can go back to being a worker, Ell can go with her parents or start a new party with that mysterious masked archer, and Peanut can join Ardon's new gang and get killed just like Odivallius. Ardon needs to make a lair in the Jadewood and start fighting parties of adventurers from South Crossing. Eventually, Ell's new party confronts him, high drama ensues.

Better than my plan - but a mobile lair like an airship would allow Ardon's Army to keep adventuring.
Mellhurst

Postby Panzer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:04 pm

It's funny, because technically, if the castle falls and kills any number of people, it would be Odie's fault :Oconfused:
Panzer

Postby Panzer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 am

Fixed! Also, I think it's cute how Ell and her mom (what was her name again? She was supposed to be one of my fav characters) share worried looks with each other.
Panzer

Postby Mellhurst » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Once again proof Ardon and Odi were both playing Xanatos roulette, doing evil/good to effect good/evil.
Mellhurst

Postby Tiltowait » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:15 am

I would just like to say, from a pure D&D perspective, the throne is great. Thrones always have something up with them and this one is a pretty good one. Kills you, but not right away. Offers power, but not the good kind. Provides even more reason never to sit on random thrones.
Tiltowait

Postby ViridRaven » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:24 am

Well, that problem comes from nowhere. They in fact can change seats between each other, they won't lose much time on changing. And even if not, they have a cleric, bard and paladings who are able to heal damage faster than it's being done.

In case one of them dies they can be ressurected right away. Magic solves this kind of problems.
ViridRaven

Postby spock42 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:35 am

ViridRaven wrote:Well, that problem comes from nowhere. They in fact can change seats between each other, they won't lose much time on changing. And even if not, they have a cleric, bard and paladings who are able to heal damage faster than it's being done.

In case one of them dies they can be ressurected right away. Magic solves this kind of problems.

Its not that simple.
First the chair is giving them failed death saves not damage, you take three of those and you die, healing will not help in the slightest.
Second the moment the castle hits the ground it will blow up. They can't get the castle far enough away for this not to mean that south crossing would be destroyed.
The best they can do is to have someone in the chair the moment it crashes, this will stop it blowing up. however that would mean the person in the chair would be crushed by a falling castle, and I doubt you could get any part of their corpse for a resurrection.
spock42

Postby ViridRaven » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 am

I doubt you could get any part of their corpse for a resurrection.

That's why you take one before their death. Finger will do the job.
ViridRaven

Postby spock42 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:04 am

ViridRaven wrote:

I am unsure if a part of someone's body taken when they are alive is considered "A part of their corpse"
spock42

Postby LoneStarNorth » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:48 am

spock42 wrote:
ViridRaven wrote:

I am unsure if a part of someone's body taken when they are alive is considered "A part of their corpse"

This is indeed my interpretation. If you cut an apple into eight slices and bake seven of them into a pie, the eighth slice is not then a piece of pie. A severed piece of a living person is not a part of a corpse.

Also, who wants to place bets on which character I kill next?
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Tiltowait » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:37 am

Yeah this is clearly heading for another character death. Damn this castle is more lethal than anthrax. There should have been more foreboding and foreshadowing.
Tiltowait

Postby ViridRaven » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:05 am

LoneStarNorth wrote:Also, who wants to place bets on which character I kill next?

It won't be anyone of main heroes, simply because they have fewer chances of pulling this off and characters of higher level won't allow them to die for nothing.
There are really two main candidates - Ell's mother and father (they are paladins, after all and can't be stopped when there is a need for a noble sacrifice). Ell's father had already lost one of his saves and logical choise would be Ell's mother, but I think Ell's father would be the one taking the chair.

So my bet is - Ell's father will be the next one to die.
ViridRaven

Postby Panzer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Tiltowait wrote:Yeah this is clearly heading for another character death. Damn this castle is more lethal than anthrax. There should have been more foreboding and foreshadowing.

To be fair, ever since the option was considered of destroying the castle (like they did the tower) I've been wondering just how much damage it could do and how the heroes would get away from it alive.
ViridRaven wrote:
LoneStarNorth wrote:Also, who wants to place bets on which character I kill next?

It won't be anyone of main heroes, simply because they have fewer chances of pulling this off and characters of higher level won't allow them to die for nothing.
There are really two main candidates - Ell's mother and father (they are paladins, after all and can't be stopped when there is a need for a noble sacrifice). Ell's father had already lost one of his saves and logical choise would be Ell's mother, but I think Ell's father would be the one taking the chair.

So my bet is - Ell's father will be the next one to die.

I really hope you're right and it's not Bear-Throwing Lady :Esad:
Panzer

Postby spock42 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Ell's mother makes the most sense, she has no failed death saves and more health such then her daughter, who lets face it would never be allowed to sit in the chair.
spock42

Postby Mellhurst » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:04 am

So, I take it terminal velocity is a lot slower in this world?
What with the arguments and feels and all.

If it's about 3,000 meters altitude it'll take about ten rounds to impact (not sure how much wind resistance slows down such a massive object though).
Last edited by Mellhurst on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
Mellhurst

Postby LoneStarNorth » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:13 am

Mellhurst wrote:So, I take it terminal velocity is a lot slower in this world?
What with the arguments and feels and all.

Just imagine Ardon dangling from a gargoyle's claws, completely motionless, scowling and wondering who the hell is taking so long to finish their combat turn. It can't be Odivallus...
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Mellhurst » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:25 am

Well, it wouldn't be D&D if talking wasn't a free action. :Ehappy:

All the hugs and the mild pacing could be boiled down to 1 round on the nice Priest's part (if he uses movement instead of standard actions) with movement left over for the rest to shuffle out of the room.
Mellhurst

Postby Panzer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:44 am

I blame everyone who showed their love for Glend for this :( Did not see it coming, probably should have.
Panzer

Postby Mortimer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:06 am

It's like LSN held a vote asking "Who do you want to see die?" and then picked the LEAST voted options. :Fortyfive:

(Okay, that's a lie, Peanut's not dead... Yet. )
Mortimer

Postby Tiltowait » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:38 am

Well Jesus Christ I guess I'm just not allowed to have any favorite characters.
Tiltowait

Postby Mellhurst » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:42 am

Mortimer wrote:It's like LSN held a vote asking "Who do you want to see die?" and then picked the LEAST voted options. :Fortyfive:

(Okay, that's a lie, Peanut's not dead... Yet. )

I think we all liked Glend, but c'mon, Odi has his fans, but he would have topped the poll. :Osad: :Ahappy: :Esad: :Ppbt: :Fortyfive: (in order of chronological appearance, though come to think of it, Ardon is almost guaranteed to have been #2 favorite to die, and is now #1. Watch out Elf-bro!)
Mellhurst

Postby Mortimer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:02 am

I mean, that's taking only the main party- Let's be honest, if we count the sons of Solemnity first, I don't think any of us would really pick any of them above Odi... Right?

Also yeah I have no idea how Glend was ever even allowed into the sons of Solemnity with a rotten, selfish attitude like that. :Fortyfive:
Mortimer

Postby Mellhurst » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:07 am

'course not, Glend is a real bro!
He and Barry really deserve some extra recognition. ;_;
Mellhurst

Postby notimportant » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:29 am

Did anyone else notice that Odie is gone from the banner on the main page?
notimportant

Postby Mellhurst » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:55 pm

notimportant wrote:Did anyone else notice that Odie is gone from the banner on the main page?

Not me!
Muahahahahahahahhaha!!!
Mellhurst

PreviousNext

Return to Will Save World for Gold