Reactions and Update Discussion

Talk about the comic.

Re: Reactions and Update Discussion

Postby Rezinu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:34 am

Assuming Dire fully healed from his encounter with Odivalus, and Ardon - he has taken 271 damage so far. If he hasn't heal between fights then he would have taken a total of roughly 365 damage. So how close is he to dying is he by now?
Rezinu

Postby Miryafa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:07 am

Rezinu wrote:Assuming Dire fully healed from his encounter with Odivalus, and Ardon - he has taken 271 damage so far. If he hasn't heal between fights then he would have taken a total of roughly 365 damage. So how close is he to dying is he by now?

Before or after he resurrected from Serris's stomache-stab?
Miryafa

Postby lori » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:45 pm

The bright yellow text is unreadable but thankfully I can still see that laser magic is happening without knowing the names of the spells.
lori

Postby Tiltowait » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:11 am

In celebration of the six year anniversary, can we get the archives page updated? It doesn't go any farther than the dumbie curse. Six years of solid work on a daily updating comic, never missing a day or losing interest like so many other webcomics (I'm not going to say any names but their initials are OUR LITTLE ADVENTURE). That's pretty impressive. New readers might want to browse, and the calendar isn't the friendliest way to navigate. I like to dive into the archives from time to time, for example it's interesting seeing the first appearance of the Sons of Solemnity and their comments on Dire, knowing what we know now.
Tiltowait

Postby Rezinu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 am

So Dire is currently unconscious. Does Dire have a contingency plan if someone manages to do that to him or was he never expecting something like this to happen? Well if he is just about dead the ongoing damage might just finish him off unceremoniously.
Rezinu

Postby Panzer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:06 am

Is this a "he who fights monsters" kind of thing? :Aconfused:
Panzer

Postby Miryafa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:10 am

Panzer wrote:Is this a "he who fights monsters" kind of thing? :Aconfused:

I think Dire's referring to Ardon.

But anyway, I really don't understand Dire's motivations. What does a storm lord care about destroying one tiny group of lower-levelled adventurers? Is he just trying to get some meaning out of his last few moments alive? Or is he really just another B-list villain who does things for the evulz? Or does "you all" refer to all humanity?
Miryafa

Postby Rezinu » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:29 am

Well Oswalt seems mad that Ell just finished off Dire. Honestly, it is probably better that Ell did it. Since Oswalt is a pacifist if he finished off Dire that could've cause him to cross the line that Ardon did when he sacrificed Odivalus. I do wonder why didn't Ardon cross the line when the Nightmare Spirit convinced him to finish off his brother?

Now with Dire dead, and this whole encounter just about done, I just can't see how Odivalus can come back. He has been reduced to ash, and the castle he was in exploded, heck there is a better chance in bringing back Glend then Odivalus.

This kind of seems like the story is setting up Ardon to be the next Dire in the future, which definitely shake thing up. That or he'll be exposed of what he did; blame it all on the Nightmare Spirit, get ride of it, and back to the status quo.
Rezinu

Postby Tiltowait » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:00 am

Oh yeah, there's nothing to cause conflict like kill-stealing.
Tiltowait

Postby prowl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:02 am

Rezinu wrote:there is a better chance in bringing back Glend then Odivalus.

Glend turned into a lich by the throne and will become a new recurring villain

calling it now
prowl

Postby AquaDraco » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:14 am

It's actually good that Ell landed the final blow. After losing Glend and seeing that kind of reaction from Oswalt, Oswalt shouldn't be the one landing the final blow either. I'm going to assume Ell realized that and that's why she finished him off then.

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=2225
http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=2226
AquaDraco

Postby Miryafa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:42 am

Might be an old joke now but... woo! El hit something!

And it looks like LSN heard my comment (or saw it coming) and addressed it. Neato.
Miryafa

Postby Rezinu » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:17 pm

AquaDraco wrote:It's actually good that Ell landed the final blow. After losing Glend and seeing that kind of reaction from Oswalt, Oswalt shouldn't be the one landing the final blow either. I'm going to assume Ell realized that and that's why she finished him off then.

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=2225
http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=2226

I forgot about that talk Glend had with Ell. Ell taking finishing off Dire is for the best. Oswalt maybe very pissed, but that was for his own good. I'm sure Ell can explain why she had to do it anyways. At least Ell can let Oswalt dispose of the body so Dire can't be revived?

Also I wonder how many gargoyles are left?
Rezinu

Postby Chives » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Oh come ON! Not one comic ago Dire's monolouging about how he's destroyed everyone and not only does a character off him but the group's doesn't try stop or call them out on it? You guys should be more genre savvy than this. :Amad:
Chives

Postby Miryafa » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Chives wrote:Oh come ON! Not one comic ago Dire's monolouging about how he's destroyed everyone and not only does a character off him but the group's doesn't try stop or call them out on it? You guys should be more genre savvy than this. :Amad:

The group in today's comic is not known for genre-savviness. But even if they were, genre-savviness goes both ways: Dire is a villain and a liar (by omission, if nothing else), who is known for sowing distrust among parties (apparently). So what he says generally shouldn't be accepted as true, and it makes just as much sense to not listen, at least sometimes.
Miryafa

Postby Tiltowait » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:03 am

Good roleplay on those paladins' part. Kill the high-level enemy and then don't immediately loot the corpse. That takes years of training to accomplish.

So, the end of Dire, eh? We may as well be starting a new comic at this point, starring some of the characters from the old comic. I just don't see how the party can get together again. Odivallius was in comic #1, which means he was the main character. :Osad: How soon until his emoticon disappears from the sidebar? It just has to be that Ardon is the villain from now on. Ell goes off with the Sons and the robot and the kobold do something else. Although I would like to see the adventures of an evil adventuring party starring Ardon, 45, Peanut, and one of the wererats. The Sons of Solemnity are the antagonists. That would be a cool comic that I would subscribe to.
Tiltowait

Postby spock42 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Going to post a long shot guess.

I think Ardon is going to try and raise Odi, and it is only going to be possible because of the thingy he did in the feywild. Something that allows you to break the rules.
spock42

Postby Tiltowait » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:18 am

Well! That didn't take long for that confrontation to ensue. Two comics after Dire's skull ghost thingy and boom. Right back to Ardon. It's always great when the story swings back to my favorite character.
Tiltowait

Postby LoneStarNorth » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Tiltowait wrote:In celebration of the six year anniversary, can we get the archives page updated?

Archives are now updated with two more chapters, more coming in the following days.
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Rezinu » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:22 am

spock42 wrote:Going to post a long shot guess.

I think Ardon is going to try and raise Odi, and it is only going to be possible because of the thingy he did in the feywild. Something that allows you to break the rules.

I doubt Ardon is going to find a way to bring back Odi. Odi knows bout the nightmare spirit, and I assume he is also aware that Ardon used him as a literal human shield. He wouldn't really be thrilled to have the word to get out about that. I think Ardon is just going to not really care that Odi is gone.

As Dire said Ardon did cross a line and his selfishness has dramatically increased. So I think to Ardon it's a waste of time and most importantly gold to get Odi back, and it'll be easier and cheaper to just find a replacement. Or perhaps he'll just not recruit a new member just so any future adventures the rewards are only split four ways instead of five.

Also I do wonder did Ardon looted essentially everything from Groffnar's Shop? I assume there must have been a few bags of holding there for Ardon to use to take just about everything.
Rezinu

Postby Tiltowait » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 am

Looting a shop where a shopkeeper has been killed. Brings me back to the old nethack days.
Tiltowait

Previous

Return to Will Save World for Gold