Reactions and Update Discussion

Talk about the comic.

Re: Reactions and Update Discussion

Postby Mellhurst » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 am

Huh, well, my apologies Odie, guess you're not the lazy bastard I thought you were. :Ahappy:
Mellhurst

Postby Tiltowait » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:59 am

Since resurrections were used quite often in this comic, I happened to come across this piece of information a few months/years ago.

The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/resurrection.htm

That's 3.5, this comic is 4th edition.

Well looks like Odivallius is coming back. Wow. Had me fooled, I thought he was gone, with the grave and all.
Tiltowait

Postby Ilunar » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Is Odivallus in limbo?
Ilunar

Postby SansFinalGuardian » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:30 am

:Oscared:
SansFinalGuardian

Postby Tiltowait » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:18 am

OK, this must be the afterlife, since there's nobody left on his island and hence no voice could be there. I guess we're going to get a full accounting of what happened, FINALLY. This comic makes too many mysteries with no conclusions sometimes. Who was that robot dude that 45 was talking to? Why does Ardon have all those weird class abilities?

It's nice to see the archives page all the way up to date. Makes it easier to find plot points from the past. Turns out the Amulet of Conquest was also an artifact, so the Eye of Vecna was actually the second artifact in the comic.

Although Odivallius still has to wear his pants in the afterlife. That sucks.
Tiltowait

Postby Mellhurst » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:29 am

I really am rooting for Odivallus to be unable or have a reason not to have come back to put hearts at ease, even if he would have subsequently killed himself.

Nice to see him meet up with his lover.
Mellhurst

Postby CraftedNightmare » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Mellhurst wrote:I really am rooting for Odivallus to be unable or have a reason not to have come back to put hearts at ease, even if he would have subsequently killed himself.

Nice to see him meet up with his lover.

we'll prob get it tomorrow or this week
CraftedNightmare

Postby Panzer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:05 am

That was some twist, man. It answers some questions and raises others, as always.
Panzer

Postby Mellhurst » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:57 am

Well that was... That was sad. :(

At least the Nightmare spirit has a sense of humor, right? I giggled a little at the end. After a minute.

:(
Last edited by Mellhurst on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mellhurst

Postby Tiltowait » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 am

Wow, that was dark. Probably the darkest thing I've ever seen in a webcomic. So the fear spirit ate his soul because he was under the Incite Fear effect when he died. :Oscared: Well, for a Chaotic Evil main character, I suppose this comic doesn't disappoint.

I bet he could be released...somehow. I don't really know the rules for fear spirits and suspect this is heavily houseruled anyway.
Tiltowait

Postby Mellhurst » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Mellhurst wrote:Well that was... That was sad. :(

At least the Nightmare spirit has a sense of humor, right? I giggled a little at the end. After a minute.

:(

Still sad. This isn't the 'Odie has a good reason' that I wanted to put it mildly. :(
I... wanted him to grow some ambition and take his nice morals and... win!

On the bright side this is some wonder-level shooting the dog and raping it's soul as it lies (choking on its vomit and blood, unable to lick its balls, forever and ever) by LSN - Kudos to him as a writer!

I'd hope Odivallus would 'endure' for however long it takes, and maybe he'll pop back at the very end of the series, but with him being removed from the banner, unlike other characters who died it might just mean he's suffered some kind of soup soul death, by being somehow consumed be the Nightmare Spirit.
Last edited by Mellhurst on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mellhurst

Postby Chives » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Ah, the Nightmare Spirit needed souls to bodyjump. Not good.
Chives

Postby Tygerion » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:48 am

Chives wrote:Ah, the Nightmare Spirit needed souls to bodyjump. Not good.

Oh. Well, crap. That can't be good... :Ascared:
Tygerion

Postby spock42 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Anyone know offhand if anyone has been killed when dominated before?
spock42

Postby Chives » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:07 pm

spock42 wrote:Anyone know offhand if anyone has been killed when dominated before?

Iirc, Odie's the first. The Orc leader guy got hit with incite terror, but he came out of it before being killed.
Chives

Postby Mellhurst » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 am

On the bright side again, NS must'a had some fierce hunger pangs!
... yeah, I'm gonna delete the next five cracks...

Hmmm, Odivallus' guardian dragon spirit is all about enduring, maybe this is his quest to endure, and eventually he'll play a key part in defeating the Nightmare Spirit from the inside?

Edit: But it's probably just a sad ending, LSN is brave enough to go for it.

... :(
Mellhurst

Postby Mellhurst » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:13 am

Yaaay, Chandea!
Mellhurst

Postby Tygerion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:31 am

Well, I guess that we've seen the last of Odivalus...
RIP Odivalus; panel 1 - (the panel that he died on)
You shall be remembered, oh first character of WSWFG.
:Esad: :Osad:
Tygerion

Postby Rezinu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:30 am

Hmm so Chandea isn't the new member, this was a bit too obvious and I wouldn't have held anything against LSN if it was seeing how the pieces seemed to fit, but hey we may either get a new character introduced or an reintroduction of an old one. Perhaps someone from that adventuring party Fortyfive price gouged for a healing potion broke off? Or maybe that one adventurer that had to be booted out by Fortyfive from Groffnar's shop - the one that had to fight an immortal demon.

I kind of wonder will we ever see those adventurers again? It would be interesting to see what they are up to... well especially the one that had to fight an immortal demon. Unless he was over-exaggerating and it was something like an imp.
Rezinu

Postby Tiltowait » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:44 am

So, Chandea is going to be an antagonist instead of join the party. Oh well, I was looking forward to her and Ell fighting over Ardon. Quick, someone write a 3-way fanfic.

Who's the new party member going to be? As my favorite character Ardon has murdered most of the NPCs in the strip, I don't know what's left. Snatchrat the Swift? They already have a rogue though. Corporal Slatechisel? There just aren't many left alive to choose from.
Tiltowait

Postby Chives » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:42 am

That went perfectly for Ardon. Chandea's a recurring villain that he has all day (or until the rest of the party finds a new person) to get rid of. :Ardon:
Chives

Postby Mellhurst » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm pretty sure Chandea is the person Ardon cares most about in this world after himself and maybe the Nightmare Spirit. He's smart enough to know who Zorro is, although he may fall for Nightmare Spirit's constant presence and manipulation in time.

LSN, I know you've proven all those critics who say Ardon gets away with everything wrong, by portraying him as truly evil, and will continue to probably show his downfall, but maybe they could just find out and excise it from him and we could go back to having a nice, happy, almost warm party...?
Nah, everyone else is too stupid to work this out.
Mellhurst

Postby Rezinu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 am

So just about all of Ardon's plans is going without a hitch. I wonder if anyone will recognize the equipment belongs to Groffnar when he tried to sell it. Though Ardon would probably not sell it in south crossing but at a different town. In addition I guess Ardon can have the gargoyle as Barry's replacement in the party since it will do whatever he says. I doubt Ardon would try having the gargoyle as Odi's replacement.

On a side note I really don't think Ardon would really care that the nightmare spirit has possession of Odi's soul. Since that is what kept him from coming back, and the nightmare spirit can probably even easily convince Ardon that what it is doing is entirely necessary, to prevent Odi from coming back for Ardon's safety.
Rezinu

Postby Tiltowait » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:11 am

So, Manuel is still around! Wow, he didn't die? When was the last time we saw him, anyway?

So is he just toady enough to work for the man who killed his master, or did Ardon enslave him? And is the gargoyle permanently contracted to serve Ardon? Just because he sat on the throne once?
Tiltowait

Postby Rezinu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:34 am

Leaving out details to the Gargoyle like allowing Manuel to eat sounds like a really bad idea. I know Ardon is just being himself, but the Gargoyle will follow his instructions and as it seems take nothing into discretion. I guess the question is how is she going to react when she seems the Gargoyle biting off Manuel's toes? Will she freak out and run to the guards?

Also this order sounds like it can spiral out of control very easily, especially since he isn't going to specify what Manuel can do other then work. So here is my crackpot theory:

Lets say the women (I don't recall her name) brings Manuel his food and then he loses a toe since he has stopped working. He might start freaking out because his toe just gotten bitten off so he'll lose another toe. Chances are the women would probably just leave after seeing Manuel's toe get bitten off, and let's assume she ignores the situation completely after that.

Manuel may probably start back working after losing the second toe after realizing what just happened. Eventually he might want to try to stop the bleeding, which will cause him to lose another toe since he stopped working again. Eventually Manuel may pass-out from blood loss, and the Gargoyle will start pretty much taking off his foot, but not dealing the killing blow.

So after quite a bit of blood loss, and damage the Gargoyle will have to render some kind of aid to keep Manuel alive, but the question is how good is it's heal check? I'm thinking when Ardon returns for being away for who knows how long Manuel may either be unconscious, or dead. Telling the Gargoyle to keep Manuel alive doesn't mean it will succeed.
Rezinu

PreviousNext

Return to Will Save World for Gold