Reactions and Update Discussion

Talk about the comic.

Re: Reactions and Update Discussion

Postby Ryelic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:23 am

Eh, Manuel will be fine. Non-lethal damage only means in theory he CAN'T die, only fall unconscious/get staggered. So he'll probably sleep it off. Or Ardon will just shout at him until he recovers.
Ryelic

Postby Rezinu » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:03 am

Ryelic wrote:Eh, Manuel will be fine. Non-lethal damage only means in theory he CAN'T die, only fall unconscious/get staggered. So he'll probably sleep it off. Or Ardon will just shout at him until he recovers.

Your probably right Manuel will most likely be unconscious at worse. On the other hand Manuel cannot eat if he is unconscious/working. So unless the Gargoyle is willing to let Manuel eat which i doubt since that would mean he'll stop working - Manuel might starve to death. Of course the women or gargoyle maybe willing to feed Manuel while he is working would keep Manuel from starving to death... unless he is unconscious the entire time, and just wastes away.
Rezinu

Postby Tygerion » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:36 am

A hiatus is fitting, I think; it's kind of like how you have a moment of silence for dead people.

...Also, isn't it strange how even though Groffnar also was perma-killed, he's still on the banner (not to mention the people Ardon killed back on page 2048, and the owl), while Odivallus was removed...
Tygerion

Postby Tiltowait » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:47 pm

As nice as the plot and silliness are, I still dig the "D&D adventure as portrayed in real life" aspect of the comic. I hope it doesn't become a soap opera or a sitcom. I also liked the "stuff going on in the background" aspect but that barely happens any more. I wonder if they'll ever do the giant ant quest, though it might be below their level by now.
Tiltowait

Postby Tiltowait » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:16 am

So the wererat (which one was he?) is working at the B&B now?

Schmoopy is still hanging around? Almost six weeks ago he said he was going to split and work for a villain. Does working for Ardon count now?
Tiltowait

Postby notimportant » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 am

Well, the banner is fixed.
notimportant

Postby Chives » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 pm

The banner is terrifying. :Oscared:
Chives

Postby Rezinu » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Chives wrote:The banner is terrifying. :Oscared:

It is very ominous. It is kind of showing Ardon's morality spiraling down.

Right now I am thinking that either they'll only stick with four people as Ardon originally wanted, or Chandea will finally join the group. I think Ardon is more interested in Manuel's progress in deconstructing/altering Groffnar's equipment then looking for a new party member.

If Manuel alters Groffnar's equipment that Ardon can use - Ardon can just stick with four members since he'll probably be using very powerful gear to compensate. Which does kind of push him to be possible the new "big bad guy" in the future.

Edit: I think I know who the new member is. It's Chandea, in her disguise. Ardon still haven't figured her out, and I'm not sure if the others caught on yet. Well maybe Fortyfive has, he is the sharpest one in the group.
Rezinu

Postby Tiltowait » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 am

Chives wrote:The banner is terrifying. :Oscared:

Yeah well you people wouldn't shut up about the banner so it got changed. I don't know what you expected.
Tiltowait

Postby Tiltowait » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:28 am

Okay, well, what have we got here? A barbarian? A monk? A kung fu chick? Was she in any background of any strip previously? She's short, is she a dwarf? Her head is at the same level as Ell's but she's standing on a raised platform. It's obviously someone without good judgment otherwise they would have seen what a shithead Ardon is. She sure seems cheerful, low WIS perhaps? Honestly I expected a more evil character like a thug or something. I guess Ardon just has this thing where he prefers good characters in his party.
Tiltowait

Postby Rezinu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 am

So I am wrong. Kind of glad that I am, now we have a new character. I'm looking forward to see what she is like, right now looking like a hyper active bubbly character, but this is just all I got from her in two panels so there is probably more to her that just that.
Rezinu

Postby Powned » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:12 am

Hmm, it will be interesting to see how this new character interacts, and also what may come of Odivellus being trapped in Ardon. I refuse to believe we won't see more of him someday... Too much character development...

At any rate, based on the cloth outfit, we're definitely looking at a spellcaster, and judging by the metallic bronze/gold accessories I'm inclined to think either priest or mage/sorcerer. Barbarian and monk are less likely, as they're definitely physical heavy hitters, and they already have enough of that in the party.

Priest is likely since you'd be looking at some conflict between her and Nadine and some feelings of replacement as far as healing goes and that's just the kind of thing Ardon would do.
Or as a mage/sorcerer, she'd fill Odivellus' former role in the party as far as combat goes. Though his spellcasting was more shamanistic in nature (in my opinion).

She seems fairly familiar with Ardon, and not hostile towards him as an Eladrin in general, which suggests they may have history somehow. I say this because she does not approach him the way a new employee would but rather as if they're longtime friends. Could just be her personality though.
Powned

Postby Tiltowait » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:28 am

Okay, well, now that's what I call a weekend cliffhanger!

What's a 3rd level dwarven monk scout capable of in 4th ed.? Anyone want to take a stab at what her character sheet looks like?

Seems like Ardon's Army is pretty light on spellcasters. Can anyone cast spells? Other than Ardon's world-breaking wizard powers of course.

So she's not just a warrior, she's a fangirl, too. Quick, someone put cat ears and a tail on her. And get her a smilie on the bbcode emoticon list because she's already in the banner.
Tiltowait

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:17 pm

It's 4E, they all practically cast spells. The main issue the have (which they have always had) is that they don't have a controller.
Sir Shadow

Postby Mellhurst » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:15 am

Calling it now, the next few recruits each die horribly.
Mellhurst

Postby Rezinu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:16 am

Mellhurst wrote:Calling it now, the next few recruits each die horribly.

That is possible, but I hope not.

Though the fact Ardon just said we almost never have to fight in a range battle might have just jinxed it.

Also wow Ardon, Ell, Peanut, and Fortyfive are almost at the same level as the Ell's parents. I recall Ell's parents are at level 11 so they aren't too far behind. Though after taking down Dire they are probably at level 12 or 13 now.
Rezinu

Postby magnetoo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:12 am

Ok, seriously, is there any plausible reason the others don't just leave Ardon and form their own group? Especially Forty-five, but all of them.
magnetoo

Postby Mellhurst » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm

45 just wants to make money and doesn't really care about people. Ell is too much of an abandoned puppy to give up on him and Peanut is too dumb.
Mellhurst

Postby Tiltowait » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:22 pm

How's 45 going to watch Ardon die horribly if he leaves the group?
Tiltowait

Postby Tiltowait » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:51 am

LOL someone's hiding in the haystack. I think it's the author! :Ppbt:

So what can Tuvi do exactly? 3rd level monk dwarf scout? I never played 4ed.
Tiltowait

Postby Mellhurst » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Ell's becoming an ever better character. :)
Mellhurst

Previous

Return to Will Save World for Gold