Reactions and Update Discussion

Talk about the comic.

Re: Reactions and Update Discussion

Postby Tiltowait » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:32 am

Well, I've figured out why the forum has died. Evidently the 'Discord' thing is some kind of chat server, and all the conversation about the strip is going on there. I gave up on live chat quite some time ago and kind of sad to see it suck all the air out of a perfectly good forum.
Tiltowait

Postby Tygerion » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Poor Tuvi :Esad:
Tygerion

Postby prowl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 am

Tiltowait wrote:Well, I've figured out why the forum has died. Evidently the 'Discord' thing is some kind of chat server, and all the conversation about the strip is going on there. I gave up on live chat quite some time ago and kind of sad to see it suck all the air out of a perfectly good forum.

That blows. Some of us just check in from time to time, and if all the discussion is on live chat then we'll never see it and never get to be part of the conversation again.
prowl

Postby Mortimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 pm

It's a bit sad perhaps, but it's not like Discord is a "live chat" server. Posts are archived, well, forever. It's pretty much the forum, except... Well, to be honest, I'm not sure why people prefer to use it. I guess it's a bit quicker, most people already use it, and it'll notify you when there's a new post if you have it enabled?
Mortimer

Postby LoneStarNorth » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 am

The thing to consider is not that the Discord is more active than the forum is now, it's that the Discord is more active than the forum EVER was. At least if you don't count the times when I was running a game. That said, I have a game in the works right now...
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Tiltowait » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 am

The reason I quit hanging out on live chat servers is that after a while, the users become really clannish and standoffish to anyone who's not in their little group. It's the same 20 people talking to each other, every day, and pretty soon the original topic of the channel gets kinda boring and talked out. The conversation shifts from whatever the topic was to the users themselves. Anyone who barges in and wants to talk about the original topic is told off by the regulars who are quite comfortable in their little social club and dislike outsiders disturbing the harmony. Been there, done that. Heck, I've even been one of the frosty regulars and it really does get annoying when morons stomp in wanting to talk about stupid crap that's been talked to death a million times already.
Tiltowait

Postby Rezinu » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 am

Hmm... I wonder what would happen if they kill a troglodyte on the alter instead of one of the PC. Would that also count as a sacrifice and summon demons? Would it also count if Ell, Tuvi, and Peanut kill a Gnoll around the alter?
Rezinu

Previous

Return to Will Save World for Gold