The Dungeon (game thread) (GAME OVER)

Congratulations to the Clan that Conquered Trees for scoring highest in this prematurely concluded dungeon crawl!

Re: The Dungeon (game thread)

Postby NotSilentObserver » Tue May 29, 2012 10:45 am

""Ey, ye ugly buggah! Come bite on this!"

Spoiler: show
You realize, of course, that Dopey will be trying to spontaneously teleport everywhere now, and will probably jump off a bridge as a result.
Last edited by NotSilentObserver on Tue May 29, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moves Tutored: 1
Bounce - Flipper
NotSilentObserver

Postby Dusk9 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:53 am

NotSilentObserver wrote:""Ey, ye ugly centipede buggah! Come bite on this!"

You realize, of course, that Dopey will be trying to spontaneously teleport everywhere now, and will probably jump off a bridge as a result.

Can you please not attack the centipede? You've already looted that chest under my clan's nose, you don't need to steal their glory too.........

Shmacky
Hp: 10/10 ~ Atk: 2 ~ Def: 4 ~ Glory: 3

Smashy
DEAD
~ Score: 2
Dusk9

Postby Mortimer » Tue May 29, 2012 11:23 am

"Ach... Come help wit' teh owlbear they say... Now look. Sigh."
Mortimer

Postby BrokenCastle » Tue May 29, 2012 11:59 am

Dlover wrote:Yes, I am bitter, people are ruining any chance Clan Darkbeard gets to do anything.

Let's take a look at the item lists for all clans:

Darkbeards:
Armor:
Chain Armor (2 def)
Heavy Shield (2 def)
Hide Buckler (1 def)

Weapons:
Battleaxe (avg 2 atk)
Torch (1 atk)
Steve (1 atk)

Other:
Potion Light Wounds

Alehammer:
Armor:
Chain Armor (2 def)

Weapons:
Pick (avg 1.3 atk)
Torch (1 atk)

Other:
1/2 Jewled box materials
Magic Powder

Trees:
Armor:
Chain Armor (2 def)
Light Shield (1 def)

Weapons:
Warhammer (avg 2 atk)
Torch (1 atk)

Other:
Poison Gland

Your clan has more weapons than any other clans, in fact your total weapon damage is almost double that of ours.

Your clan has as much armor (both number of pieces and total def) as both of the other clans combined, more than doubling Alehammer values.

And you hold the second best other section.

As far as glory goes, only the trees have gotten any so far, and their glory accounts to nothing more than the object value of one torch... just without its actual useful attack benefits.

Yet despite all of this, your complaining about people treating the Darkbeards unfair?! :Agrumpy:
Rusty
Atk: 12 (+6 Adamantine Warhammer)
Def: 8 (+1 DragonScaleMail Breastplate)
BrokenCastle

Postby Mortimer » Tue May 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Just chipping in my no doubt professional opinion:

It's just a game, ruled by dice and luck. That other people get something before others is a given at times, and everyone will get his or her chance in due time.

If the problem is that we're both going for the same things, well, that's because we don't know what each other clan is planning. If you really want to prevent things like that, making deals/conversating on here is always an option you know.

Though the general sentiment here is that I see too much worrying about what is supposed to be a fun game.

So maybe we can come to an arrangement about the loot the owlbear dropped here. 1 item for Alehammer, since they helped, and the other two for Darkbeards since the majority of the kill still came from us?

The alternative of course, is to pile up on it as savages and see who gets lucky.
Mortimer

Postby LoneStarNorth » Tue May 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Guys, it's a competetive game. Glory-robbing and loot-ninjaing are completely valid tactics. It's like you guys are playing soccer and asking the other team not to score so many goals because your team is behind.
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby BrokenCastle » Tue May 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Ok, editing this post to make a clearer clarification of my views:

First and foremost, I want to say that I have 0 issues with how LSN is operating this game. I find that the rules are very fair, no issues with dungeon layout, and the indirect pvp element of this particular game only adds to the LSN series. Simply put I very much love this game!

Now, I view that our discussion is not necessarily too unproductive. It is in a sense a negotiation going on between the clans. While yes it is a competitive game and no person or clan has acted outside the 'law', I find that most players, myself included, do wish to 'play out' at least to some extent the backstory of the game namely that we are all dwarves from one kingdom. By this we have a sense of 'fairness' that while we cannot (or more specifically should not) ask the DM to enforce, but rather it is a sense that we appeal to the clans as a whole to enforce on their own. From a strictly game mechanic point of view, we are negotiating an unwritten law of conduct to be acted out between the clans.

Having said that, I will also say that while I do believe negotiating 'non-attacking already engaged battle treaties' is a valid tactic for us to take in this game, nobody should complain out of game about being treated unfair in a competitive game such as this.

Any 'bitching' that was in my post should be taken exclusively as 'in-game' bitching for as a player myself I have 0 complaints about the current situation my clan is in. Our slight detour from being the lead clan was completely fair and earned; and obviously will soon crumple to the ground as Clan Alehammer takes its rightful place as best dwarven clan and claims it's right to the dungeon.
Rusty
Atk: 12 (+6 Adamantine Warhammer)
Def: 8 (+1 DragonScaleMail Breastplate)
BrokenCastle

Postby NotSilentObserver » Tue May 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Well to be a polite dwarf, Dopey will not attack the centipede.

As a slightly insane dwarf, he may not know what a centipede actually is.
Bounce - Flipper
NotSilentObserver

Postby Dusk9 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:47 pm

NotSilentObserver wrote:Well to be a polite dwarf, Dopey will not attack the centipede.

"SMAAAAAAASH!"

(Pst - I think Smashy is the insaner one here :Ppbt: :Ohappy: )

Shmacky

Smashy
DEAD
Dusk9

Postby Mortimer » Tue May 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Dusk9 wrote:
NotSilentObserver wrote:Well to be a polite dwarf, Dopey will not attack the centipede.

"SMAAAAAAASH!"

I am sure he's actually very intelligent, he's just the only one who speaks smashelnese.
Mortimer

Postby Dusk9 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Mortimer wrote:
Dusk9 wrote:

"SMAAAAAAASH!"

I am sure he's actually very intelligent, he's just the only one who speaks smashelnese.

No.

It's Smashian.

Obviously.

And he does speak other languages.......there's Grumblese, and Grrrrrrhili. And for fancy conversations, the complex Spitashti.

Jeez M0rt, get it right :Ogrumpy:

:Ppbt:

Shmacky

Smashy
DEAD
Dusk9

Postby LoneStarNorth » Tue May 29, 2012 7:25 pm

TURN 5:

Groff checks the fourth and final chest in the room, but it too is held shut with an iron lock. There's no getting this thing open! He shrugs his shoulders and heads down the left ladder.

There is a brief Scuffle over the items left by the Owlbear, but in the end Bobby gets the Pelt, Stooge gets the Meat, and Steve gets the Head. All three dash down different ladders to evade the greedy ne'er-do-wells of Alehammer.

"Har har har, SUCKERS!"
"I'm in ye own clan, Bobby."

Steve tries to WEAR the Head but decides against it after almost tripping down the ladder and killing himself. The other would-be looters also leave the room.

Shaky arrives in the room after converting the Magic Powder into Essence, which is used in the creation of magic items. By the time he gets there though, Toothy is the only one left. It looks like both he and the Grimlock are a little bored of their duel.

Cheery and Rusty Alehammer doubleteam the Centipede, but they deal only minor damage while Cheery takes another 2 points himself. Below, Dopey gives Loverboy his extra Torch and they try to take on the Grimlocks together. Although they deal a bunch of damage to the one with the Warhammer, the Grimlocks savagely beat Dopey for 5 damage in retaliation! Looks like these monsters have some fight in them after all!

Flint, Stooge, and Groff arrive from the room above.

Smashy and Jokey both attack one of the Zombie Dwarves so as to put the poor bastards out of their misery. This results in nobody taking enough attacks to be damaged, not even Happy who darts in and grabs the Pick from the ground.

Steve, Waity, and Orgrin arrive from the room above.

Crafty takes another point of damage as he, Mason, and Pernickety attack the Black Pudding while Grabbie rests and recovers 1 Hp. The creature takes a lot of damage, but not quite enough to kill it.

Bobby hands his Heavy Shield over to Boomy, who leaps from the ladder and stomps the slime. THAT'S enough to kill it. But once again, there's too many smiths in the forge and killing the Pudding gives nobody any Glory.

But maybe killing one of THESE Puddings will.

OWLBEAR PELT
Cloak, Unique
Value 15.

HUNK OF MEAT
Material
Value 5. Cane be converted to 5 Meat at the Forge.

OWLBEAR HEAD
Trophy
Value 3. Glory +2 if you exit the dungeon with it.

A Trophy is a special kind of item that gives you Glory in addition to its Value if you leave the dungeon with it. If you decide it's not worth the inventory space though, you can always turn it into materials. You can't craft more of them though, as all Trophies are also Unique.
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Agent of Shadows » Tue May 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Anyone speak Boomese?
~My avatar is was is a squashed TARDIS. Your argument is still invalid (but I can't figure out why)~
Agent of Shadows

Postby sonic3535 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Agent of Shadows wrote:Anyone speak Boomese?

BOOM:) BOOM:) BOOM BOOM:D

I've got a slight accent of happiness, I hope you can still understand.
Image Happy

The Crash saved CastyHexxy!
sonic3535

Postby Fkrts » Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Oi! Get back here with my pelt!

Edited for punctuation.
Fkrts

Postby Dlover » Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 am

"'s mine now!"
Yeah, people should know that I'm generally an ass and will complain about everything. Simply because I can. I don't even bother looking at the actual facts before doing so.

But tell you what, the idea of an agreement where we don't loot a chest while another clan is fighting the monsters guarding it is fair enough. And one or two people from another clan attacking so someone else can loot would count as a breach.
Image Long live the Darkbeards and their seemingly suicidal tendencies!
Dlover

Postby Mortimer » Wed May 30, 2012 2:00 am

Image"Hey, ye guys be needin help with that centipede? I don't mean to come and trample upon your valuable glory or anything like that... But I see ye guys with the warlocks can use some help!"

I made a dumb error here with a certain word but I'm letting it stand so you can all see how much of an idiot I am. :Ppbt:
Mortimer

Postby NotSilentObserver » Wed May 30, 2012 2:48 am

"O-ooch, dat sm'rts! Some 'elp would be most appreciated!"
Bounce - Flipper
NotSilentObserver

Postby nikohl » Wed May 30, 2012 3:14 am

Let's bash these Derro, you guys! shouts Steve to the other dwarves as he stabs the first one with his dagger.
nikohl

Postby Mortimer » Wed May 30, 2012 11:26 am

NotSilentObserver wrote:"O-ooch, dat sm'rts! Some 'elp would be most appreciated!"

"Kay, got you! You guys finish dat one of, I'll be takin down the next one in the chain."
Mortimer

Postby Agent of Shadows » Wed May 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Die ye bla'k puddin's! Ye cannae 'scape meh!
~My avatar is was is a squashed TARDIS. Your argument is still invalid (but I can't figure out why)~
Agent of Shadows

Postby LoneStarNorth » Thu May 31, 2012 7:23 pm

TURN 6:

The Darkbeards and Conquered Trees trapped down the pit focus on separate Puddings. Both Clans deal a lot of damage, but the Clan that Conquered Trees deals more, causing their target to split YET AGAIN! And still not a point of Glory gained! Thankfully only Mason is damaged in the exchange, taking a mere 1 damage.

Waity tries to loot the chest, but that one armed Derro is currently unengaged and won't allow him to do so! It stabs him in the face for 1 damage. Steve and Orgrin team up to attack the first Derro, and the Steve gets attacked by three of them for 4 damage!

The Zombie fight isn't going much better. Smashy continues to deal minor damage each turn, but Happy's Pick is insufficient to get through the helmeted Zombie's slightly higher Def. Neither of them is hurt, at least.

Jokey has abandoned the Zombie battle and gone down the ladder. This room is pretty empty.

On the other side of the dungeon, the Centipede takes another painful bite out of Cheery. He, Rusty, and Shaky are unable to slay it, but Groff jumps in and puts an end to the beast before it can do any more harm. No Glory is earned, but nobody else is hurt either. It drops a Centipede Poison Gland.

Dopey is similarly spared by Stooge's brazen charge into the middle of the Grimlocks. He distracts two of them, causing Dopey to take only 1 additional damage from a Warhammer to the face. He and Loverboy continue to beat on the armed Grimlock and have nearly defeated it.

Bobby arrives from the other room.

Given cover by Stooge's charge, Flint darts down the ladder and finds... a bunch more fucking Grimlocks. Is this some kind of Grimlock Kingdom? Is that what this side of the dungeon is? That guy might be a Grimlock King. Do Grimlocks have Kings?

Whatever. Point is there's a lot of Grimlocks.

Toothy stoicly continues his life's work; killing this one Grimlock.

Actually Grimlocks are communists.

CANNIBALS. Sorry, not sure where I got communists from.
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Fkrts » Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 pm

LSN I would appear to be in two places

Also: That is the Alehammer's Chest! Especially if you're going by our agreement!
Last edited by Fkrts on Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fkrts

Postby LoneStarNorth » Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Yes, you moved after trying to loot the chest. I sometimes add people to two different images to show a progression of events. Then again, sometimes I don't bother.
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Dlover » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:33 am

"Ay, calm yerself lad. 'e canna loot it right noo anyway, with one still on tha chest. As to that agreement, we should be makin' it more clear.
A clan is only ta loot a chest that was protected if they fought the monsters, true? Let us say that is to be after they 'ave been involved in the killin' o' one o' the guards and are still fightin', or are tha only clan fightin'. 'ave ta be clear with these 'greements, or people find loop'oles too eas'ly."
Image Long live the Darkbeards and their seemingly suicidal tendencies!
Dlover

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarf Dungeon (GAME OVER)