The Dungeon (game thread) (GAME OVER)

Congratulations to the Clan that Conquered Trees for scoring highest in this prematurely concluded dungeon crawl!

Re: The Dungeon (game thread)

Postby LoneStarNorth » Fri May 25, 2012 7:17 pm

TURN 3:

All three Clans send representatives to fight the mighty Owlbear, and together they inflict a great deal of damage. The beast retaliates by swiping at Groff with both of its massive paws, dealing 2 damage. Toothy continues his duel with the Grimlock, inflicting minor damage but taking none. On the upper level, most of those involved in the Centipede fight disperse, but Happy and Jokey keep at it. Jokey is bitten for 2 damage, but explodes the Centipede's face with his Warhammer, killing it. Happy and Jokey gain 1 Glory each! Also, a Centipede Poison Gland survives the bloodbath and falls to the ground.

There is a small scuffle over the Hide Buckler between Crafty and Grabbie, but Crafty manages to strap it to his arm first. Steve gets the Dagger unopposed. All three head down the middle ladder. They are joined by Dopey, who sniped the final Torch out from Smashy's nose, by Pernickety, who tried and failed to grab the Jeweled Box, and by Mason, who wasn't trying to grab anything. He's just exploring.

Though Pernickety and Boomy both tried, it is Shaky who managed to grab the prized Jeweled Box from the skeleton's hands. This item has a high Value, but it COULD contain something even MORE Valuable! But the only way to find out is to destroy the Box. In a huff over failing to grab this wonderful item, Boomy heads back to his Clan's entrance.

Rusty checks the skeleton for any more items, but it doesn't have any. It seems to be the corpse of a sneaky Dwarven miner who violated the law and snuck down here to raid the dungeon! Serves him right that his bones have been picked clean by the Grimlocks. You've taken his items, as he clearly lacks the honour that warrants such a rich burial, but you leave his body where it is. You're still lawful good, after all. Rusty then heads down the far left ladder.

Stooge checks out the chest while everyone else is distracted. He'd like to loot it, but it seems to have an Iron Lock. There's no getting into this bad boy without a Key of some kind.

Cheery and Loverboy rest. Loverboy recovers 1 Hp.

Rusty checks out the new room. Not as busy as the last one, nor as large. Should be easy pickings.

Mason and Grabbie climb down the middle ladder only to find that there's blessed little ladder to climb.

"Och, watch where ye're goin' Dopey! We hav'nae any room left tae stand!"
"Tis nae my fault, there's moore comin' behind!"

As more and more Dwarves try to enter the room, Mason, Grabbie, Dopey, and Crafty all fall to the floor, as there is only room for two on the ladder! The fall itself is no danger to hardy Dwarven warriors, but it leaves Grabbie open to an attack from the Black Pudding below! Grabbie takes 4 damage.

"Moradin damn ye clumsy bastards!!"
"Oops."

Steve and Pernickety are both left standing on the ladder, with their Clanmates trapped below!

DAGGER
Weapon
Value 5. Atk +1.

HIDE BUCKLER
Shield
Value 6. Def +1.

JEWELED BOX
Value 24. Contains another item, but must be destroyed at the Forge to get at it.

Spoiler: show
It's not a proper dungeon crawl until somebody fucks up and knocks his friend into a pit, there to be devoured by animate cave slime.
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Dlover » Fri May 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Fkrts wrote:One thing to say! Watch This!

"Watch wut, lad? Ye plannin' te be slow 'gain?
Image Long live the Darkbeards and their seemingly suicidal tendencies!
Dlover

Postby Agent of Shadows » Fri May 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Well damn ye Shaky, ye were jus' a wee bit clos'r to it than me.

Och Shaky, lemme strike a deal wit ye. Once ye are done wit da box, can mine clan keep what remains of de box while you keep what be inside? While mine clan may be havin dark beards, we still like shinyness.
Last edited by Agent of Shadows on Fri May 25, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~My avatar is was is a squashed TARDIS. Your argument is still invalid (but I can't figure out why)~
Agent of Shadows

Postby Arles » Fri May 25, 2012 9:02 pm

*jab*
*jab*
*hook*
*jab*
*straight*
Image(click to go to game)
Darkbeard Clan
Arles

Postby NotSilentObserver » Fri May 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Dopey went to the bottom left ladder, though D:
Moves Tutored: 1
Bounce - Flipper
NotSilentObserver

Postby LoneStarNorth » Fri May 25, 2012 10:34 pm

NotSilentObserver wrote:Dopey went to the bottom left ladder, though D:

So he did! I don't know how I managed to screw that up. In the next update, Dopey will suddenly be afflicted with teleportitis and start his turn from the room Rusty is in. Go ahead and account for that in your actions.

At least you didn't take damage or miss out on an item!
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby sonic3535 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Ah no! Grabbie! Mason! Dopey! That other guy... Be there anythin' we can do to help? ...I've an idea! If anybody finds rope, do we all here agree to help them clumsy dwarves? No fightin' or nothing over rope. We've dwarven lives to save.
Image Happy

The Crash saved CastyHexxy!
sonic3535

Postby Fkrts » Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Hit it with torches!
Fkrts

Postby Mortimer » Sat May 26, 2012 6:03 am

Och Shaky, lemme strike a deal wit ye. Once ye are done wit da box, can mine clan keep what remains of de box while you keep what be inside? While mine clan may be havin dark beards, we still like shinyness.

Image "Aye, Boomy, I not be against that, but ye being a bit optimistic in thikin' they'll just hand it over fer nothin' in return. Ye have to use the ol' fashioned dwarven tradin'! Which usually involves gettin' drunk, but a dwarf has ta make sacrifices, ya realize."

"And I'd love to make sum kind o' deal, but I dunna think we have anything these guys really want. 'Xept maybe our healin potion, but I'm pretteh sure we wanna hold onto that."
Mortimer

Postby Agent of Shadows » Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 am

Och, ye be right. I hadnt thoug't o that. Thas a good point ye have Stooge.
~My avatar is was is a squashed TARDIS. Your argument is still invalid (but I can't figure out why)~
Agent of Shadows

Postby LoneStarNorth » Mon May 28, 2012 6:51 pm

TURN 4:

Shaky ignores Boomy's suggestion of a trade and hurries straight upstairs to his Forge. He expertly dismantles the Jeweled Box, receiving some materials from it and simultaneously learning how to craft such an item for himself. He jots down the recipe in the Forge's manual, which other Clans are forbidden to read.

Inside the Box he finds a pouch of Magic Powder! Although this item is of no immediate use, it will surely come in handy later on. Shaky stores it in his backpack for now, but he can convert it to materials at the Forge next turn if he wishes.

Most of Clan Darkbeard and a couple of brave Dwarves from Alehammer attack the Owlbear. Stooge is savagely mauled for 4 damage, but the beast is ultimately slain. So many Dwarves were involved that it was hardly a Glorious fight, though. All that remains of the Owlbear is its Head, its Pelt, and a Hunk Of Meat.

Toothy's duel with the Grimlock continues.

Loverboy rests again, putting him back at full health and ready for more dungeon delving.

Down below, Pernickety joins his fellow Conquered Trees in an attempt to distract the Black Pudding so everyone can escape. However, Grabbie finds that both exits on the ground level are blocked by heavy stone doors! There's no lever or button to open them, either! Looks like you guys are trapped down here! Except Dopey, who mysteriously vanishes for no adequately explained reason.

Mason thinks about throwing that skeleton at the Pudding, but sees that the bones are those of a fellow Dwarf. Another honourless looter, no doubt. Mason respects his fallen brother just enough to not be able to disturb his bones in such a way.

Crafty Darkbeard bravely defends the others by attacking the Pudding. He deals minor damage to it, and it deals 1 point of damage to him in turn.

Boomy is on his way to help Crafty out, but can't quite make it in time to attack this turn. He remains on the ladder in case he changes his mind.

Cheery attacks the Centipede, but can't harm it by himself. It deals 2 damage to him in response. This at least provides enough distraction for Rusty to go loot the chest, but Dopey somehow gets there ahead of him and grabs the Light Shield from inside! Even Dopey isn't sure how he did it, but he's not above gloating even so.

Happy scoops up the Centipede Poison Gland and heads down the right hand ladder, along with Jokey and Smashy. Smashy was planning on coming down here Torches blazing, but there's enough Derro lurking here to give him pause. Maybe next turn.

SHIELD, LIGHT
Shield
Value 8. Def +1.

MAGIC POWDER
Material
Value 15. Can be converted to 5 Essence at the Forge.

POISON GLAND, CENTIPEDE
Unique
Value 1. When used on a weapon, the next attack made with that weapon deals an extra 0-1 damage. Consumable. Stackable.

A Material type item is something that can be freely broken down at the Forge without losing any materials in the process. A Unique item is something that can be broken down for materials, but which you can't craft more of. You can only get them in the dungeon.
Image goin' on a quest
LoneStarNorth
Site Admin

Postby Fkrts » Tue May 29, 2012 12:02 am

Quickly! Find some Levers!
Fkrts

Postby Dlover » Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 am

"Damn ye', ye weaklin's! Ye're just tryin' ta leech off 'r 'ard work, arn't ye?"
Dlover

Postby Nioca » Tue May 29, 2012 1:39 am

Crafty bellows as he strikes the pudding,
"FOR DARKBEARD!"
Nioca

Postby Donnigan » Tue May 29, 2012 2:01 am

"Damn Grimlock! Ye ken ye ur gonnae die, reit?"
Donnigan

Postby GathersIngredients » Tue May 29, 2012 3:00 am

Image"Some help with takin' down that bugger would be appreciated."
I quit Dwarf Dungeon for my personal aversion to people jumping at each other's throats (verbally) over a bunch of PIXELS. Especially if those are people that I generally like enough to consider them my "emaginary friends" (copyright Thunt).
GathersIngredients

Postby Maiandra » Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 am

"Och, lads, lookit tha little Darkie goin' suicidal. Must be claustrophobic, tha poor thing. Come on, let's not let 'im get 'imself killed juss yet. Any dwarf is a good dwarf, after all!"
Image Pernickety 7/10 Att 1 Def 3
Maiandra

Postby Dlover » Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 am

"Oy! Leave off! Ye'r jus' leechin' off our kills now too! Jus' let our boys 'andle this."
Dlover

Postby Maiandra » Tue May 29, 2012 6:18 am

Dlover, we're not stealing anyone's kill, that pudding did 4 damage in one go to Grabbie last round and right now, it seems that there is no exit in case someone gets really low on hitpoints. What did you think we were going to do, place bets on how long it would take for Crafty to die trying to solo that thing? Or is your clan going to handicap itself by having more members jump in, kill the pudding and twiddle their thumbs afterwards?
Maiandra

Postby Nioca » Tue May 29, 2012 7:32 am

Maiandra wrote:Dlover, we're not stealing anyone's kill, that pudding did 4 damage in one go to Grabbie last round and right now, it seems that there is no exit in case someone gets really low on hitpoints. What did you think we were going to do, place bets on how long it would take for Crafty to die trying to solo that thing? Or is your clan going to handicap itself by having more members jump in, kill the pudding and twiddle their thumbs afterwards?

The guy who took 4 damage took it from two different sources: The pudding, and the fall. When it was just the pudding, Crafty took a meager 1 damage (meaning it has an ATK of 4).
Nioca

Postby Dlover » Tue May 29, 2012 8:07 am

A) It deals one damage per turn.
B) We have a heavy shield that has +2 defence, which negates the damage it can deal.
C) Every fight we've started has had other clans join in and ruin any chance we have to gain glory. Notice that we aren't disturbing Toothy's battle. WE have enough respect to let someone already in a fight they can win do so. You aren't saving anyone.

Yes, I am bitter, people are ruining any chance Clan Darkbeard gets to do anything.
Dlover

Postby Agent of Shadows » Tue May 29, 2012 8:18 am

Och Bobby, I'd like yer sheild fer dis dive. T'anks fer off'rin.

Yes, I tend to agree with Dlover and Nioca here. I'm tired of losing our glorious battles. With Crafty and me attacking it, we will deal more damage to it per round and since I'm guessing it can't attack 2 things in 1 round, one of us can rest each turn.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA, FER DARKBEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomy does this while doing an epic diving dwarven punch with his shield in front of him to protect an attack while giving one (maybe two?) at the same time.
Agent of Shadows

Postby Dusk9 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:54 am

Dlover wrote:C) Every fight we've started has had other clans join in and ruin any chance we have to gain glory. Notice that we aren't disturbing Toothy's battle. WE have enough respect to let someone already in a fight they can win do so. You aren't saving anyone.

Yes, I am bitter, people are ruining any chance Clan Darkbeard gets to do anything.

No Alehammer's have intruded into a fight that they weren't a part of to start with. The two who helped you kill the owlbear had been attacking from the start of that battle, same as you. And no Tree dwarves went anywhere near the owlbear. So, any lack of Glory there is completely the fault of the Darkbeard's, who decided to have about 80% of their clan pile on it last turn.

In fact, from what I can see, the only exclusively Darkbread fight to have even taken place so far was the one against the Derro, and again, that led to no Glory because so many of you piled onto it.

Neither the Darkbeards or the Trees seem to have had much trouble looting chests, though........

Shmacky
Hp: 10/10 ~ Atk: 2 ~ Def: 4 ~ Glory: 3

Smashy
DEAD
~ Score: 2
Dusk9

Postby Maiandra » Tue May 29, 2012 10:07 am

Dlover wrote:Yes, I am bitter, people are ruining any chance Clan Darkbeard gets to do anything.

You mean like walking right by us killing the centipede to ninja-loot what it was guarding? Real classy there. None of our clan even thought of looting that chest before the centipede was dead. In the current room, all three of us actually meant to leave through the left door, but since that's impossible, the only thing left to do is kill that pudding, while the rest of you can go anywhere you want to get your glory or loot.

Maybe Crafty might be able to kill it on his own, doing one damage per turn and getting one in return each time. We have no idea how long this would take, and he'd probably end up seriously hurt. I have two choices: join the fight or do absolutely nothing. Even if you throw down your shield (which I think would be a dumb decision as you have no idea how long we'll be stuck here) and he gets no damage anymore, just standing there until someone finds a way to open one of the doors is not going to happen. Working together just makes more sense any way you cut it.
Maiandra

Postby Rodgeir » Tue May 29, 2012 10:15 am

And I'm going to have to agree with maiandra. That is unless you want to throw that heavy shield to us. For that we'll let you smack the pudding' to your hearts content. That came out a bit dirtier than I'd expected.

And we are also, unfortunately, chest theives. Perhaps if we have an agreement between the clans not to grab chests while the other clans are fighting the monsters protecting them? Does that seem reasonable?.
GRABBIE
Glory-2 Hp-5/10 Atk-6 Def-2
Rodgeir

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarf Dungeon (GAME OVER)